Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A vintage queen in new creation
Heart 
Heart Heart A new project begins and I have again gone with vintage style as I absolutely love it, the fabric I have chosen for the skirt and a knit cherry red for top the fabric for circle skirt is textured and lovely

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Heart Ginjerlicious Heart
Skirt is finished and omg the hem, 204 inch diameter lol will show on when I finish top

(09-28-2021, 07:23 AM)Ginjer Sinclair Wrote: Skirt is finished and omg the hem, 204 inch diameter lol will show on when I finish top

Ginger I look foreward to seeing pictures of your latest creation. It is always thrilling to create something from scratch you can wear and display your sewing skills for others to admire. I haven't made anything from scratch in some time. Seems my pile of "repairs needed" never completely goes away. lol

Hugs and kisses
Lynn
Hugs and Kisses
Lynn
I have finished and I looooove love love it, I had to draft pattern for the top and next time I make I will adjust pattern a bit

(09-29-2021, 12:41 AM)Ginjer Sinclair Wrote: I have finished and I looooove love love it, I had to draft pattern for the top and next time I make I will adjust pattern a bit

Ginger it looks fantastic on you . I can't tell if the top is a maroon color or red. But I need, need, need  the top in the color red. I just love the ruffle top!
Hugs and Kisses
Lynn
That was partly achieved by doing a rolled hem around it, I love my serger lol thank you so much I took a womans tank top pattern altered the neckline and shoulders then added bust darts and adjusted length.

The top is dark cherry red to match the cherries ? on the skirt
(09-29-2021, 02:35 AM)Ginjer Sinclair Wrote: That was partly achieved by doing a rolled hem around it, I love my serger lol thank you so much I took a womans tank top pattern altered the neckline and shoulders then added bust darts and adjusted length.
You are so talented. I haven't done enough sewing through the years to feel confident enough to do clothing from scratch anymore. I'm not sure I could keep my hemstitching or seams straight anymore. lol
Hugs and Kisses
Lynn
Hahaha thank you for the praise, I like that pic too I think I'll change profile hahahaha if you want I can send you the pattern I used to alter but honestly for the ruffle I just drew it out on the fabric I'm kinda kicking myself because I want to make more.

And we'll see how long I get to keep the top my wife already threatening to steal it from me, oh well give me excuse to make more.
(09-29-2021, 12:41 AM)Ginjer Sinclair Wrote: I have finished and I looooove love love it, I had to draft pattern for the top and next time I make I will adjust pattern a bit
You look beautiful! Love the style! So cute!  Heart Heart
Thank you hun I think I need a petticoat