Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to secure wig?
I’m looking for help on how to secure the wig to my bald head. I have a couple of nice fitting wigs but they tend to move easily and I want to secure them better. Advice? Traci
I have just a couple of things to suggest. One is a ripper band, that's not the right name for it but it goes around your head and it has elastic parts which hold to your head and then to the wig, and there are full head caps which are similar. Walmart or amazon used to carry stuff like that, and also a product I've never used called "Stays". It's a water soluble gentle adhesive which will hold things in place and washes out.
I think the same sources as mentioned above carry it. As I said I've never used it and I don't know how messy it might get after use.
Worth looking into at least.
Amy
(09-27-2022, 06:06 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote: I have just a couple of things to suggest. One is a ripper band, that's not the right name for it but it goes around your head and it has elastic parts which hold to your head and then to the wig, and there are full head caps which are similar. Walmart or amazon used to carry stuff like that, and also a product I've never used called "Stays". It's a water soluble gentle adhesive which will hold things in place and washes out.
I think the same sources as mentioned above carry it. As I said I've never used it and I don't know how messy it might get after use.
Worth looking into at least.
Amy

Thank you for the information. I did find both of those on Amazon and have ordered some items to try. 
Traci
(09-26-2022, 09:04 PM)Traci429 Wrote: I’m looking for help on how to secure the wig to my bald head. I have a couple of nice fitting wigs but they tend to move easily and I want to secure them better. Advice? Traci

When your wig becomes a mess, your first reaction may be to comb it hard or cut the tangles out. Without the proper knowledge, your wig could be severely damaged. In this article: How To Detangle Human Hair Wigs And Synthetic Wigsyou can find  how to use the proper techniques to detangle your wig. Bringing your wig back to life. Big Grin Big Grin