Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Material construction?
The breast plate you wiggle into... what material is it made from I am allergic to latex...it says silicone so does that refer to the body material ?

Also, most people I talk to about then have splitting issues at the heck and arms. I know slipping into latex requires powder
Hey Tara,
I've just gone on a bit of a journey with plates this past year. Definitely go with a reputable seller, i.e. one who is accountable for the material they sell you. I've gotten three plates over the last year, all were silicone. 2 from Roanyer and one from Janet's. All of them have split in the same spot, thought my measurements are within the range advertised. I workout regularly and so its possible my torso shape (and the fact that I like dancing while wearing the plate) has caused it.

Patching them is tricky too, because nothing sticks to silicone, except other silicone. So best I came up with was learning to buy and mix small silicone patches that I can graft to the spot in the plate where the split happened.

The powder process helps a bit, but ultimately didn't stop my issue from happening.

Stay Fierce   Heart

(01-08-2023, 05:57 AM)Alana W Wrote: Hey Tara,
I've just gone on a bit of a journey with plates this past year. Definitely go with a reputable seller, i.e. one who is accountable for the material they sell you.  I've gotten three plates over the last year, all were silicone. 2 from Roanyer and one from Janet's.  All of them have split in the same spot, thought my measurements are within the range advertised. I workout regularly and so its possible my torso shape (and the fact that I like dancing while wearing the plate) has caused it. 

Patching them is tricky too, because nothing sticks to silicone, except other silicone. So best I came up with was learning to buy and mix small silicone patches that I can graft to the spot in the plate where the split happened.

The powder process helps a bit, but ultimately didn't stop my issue from happening.

Damn !   Breastplates cost a LOT of money for them to tear or split like you describe.
I often wonder about getting a breastplate but they cost quite a bit so I stick with breast forms instead.  After reading oif your experience, I'm glad I have stuck with forms.

Karen Louise Schuster Blush Tongue