Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shopping in Drab!
Ladies, I thought I'd share a couple of recent experiences shopping for women's clothes in person and also in drab.

First was a visit to a chain from which I've bought quite a few dresses had a lot of them on a fairly well discounted price, and I wanted to have a look and maybe try some on then buy if all was well.
 Due to other constraints I couldn't dress as Amy that day, but went in and found the dresses I was interested in and asked to if I might try them on, but neither one was quite right. One didn't fit but they didn't have the size down, and the other (pictured) the fit was good but the sleeves were very scratchy so I passed on it.

Then the week later I had to go to a different mall, also in drab, with my wife to return a sweater I bought for her as a Christmas present where the fit wasn't quite right for her, and as she was doing the exchange I looked around and saw this pink sequin top I liked.

Ok girls, I'm like the bird which is always attracted to sparky things!

However I didn't bite on it so we walked the mall and I looked in a few other stores but I didn't see anything that appealed to me more, so I went back to the first store for a second look.
 I'm a regular there, in drab and as Amy, so the sales lady says, "So you like that, it is lovely". It wasn't my usual size to I asked if I might try it on, "No problem" and she shows me to a change room.
 I put it on, and the fit was good, so I put my guy shirt back then went out of the fitting room to find the sales lady sitting in a chair just outside of it. She was disappointed that I didn't come out with it on, so I said, "Well I could go back in and put it on again", "Please" she said.

The reason I didn't come out as there were 2 or 3 other women trying things on and I didn't want to shock anyone plus one of the hubby's was hanging around too. Not that I mind showing the world what I am anymore but I don't want to upset anyone.

So dutifully I went back in and put the top on and came out to show it off. The sales lady thought it looked great, and then the other one came over and commented positively as well. 
 I know they are trying to sell it!
 None of the other shoppers seemed bothered in the slightest by a man there, and lady smiled and nodded appreciatively to me as she disappeared back into her fitting room.
 The sales women continued to chat with me a bit so I showed a few recent pics.  It seems she has several other CD customers!

This is just to say how accepting things can be! There's always the chance there might be a non acceptance comment of some kind, but the sales staff have always, without exception been amazing and so helpful in drab or femme.

Here's a couple of pics from my adventures!
 Amy

Amy, Love the dress and top! I have shopped in drab many times and only one time did I get a negative reaction. It was years ago. Before Trans was an everyday conversation. Back then I did most of my buying (bras, panties and other lingerie items) at discount stores or Victoria's Secret. But one day I went to a local lingerie store. I went in and was the only customer. I browsed a bit and noticed the only clerk, a 50ish female, was watching me.

Soon, she approached and asked if she could help. I noticed her face didn't look very friendly and her attitude was a bit chilly. I told her I was looking for a bra and panty set, then added "for my wife." She kind of gave me a doubting glance and asked for sizing. Of course the sizes I gave were what I would have worn. This gave her even more reason to give me a glare. She showed me to a rack and pointed out the sizes.

I thanked her and looked through the sets, settled on one and took it to the counter. She rang up the purchase, took my money and almost thanked me. Felt like I was having 2 holes burned through my back as I left.

That has been my worst experience so far. A time at VS as I was exiting the dressing room, I encountered a pretty 40ish woman heading in to a nearby room. She looked at me wide eyed but never said anything.

Fortunately all my recent experiences have been pleasant. Have even had clerks engage me in conversation while helping me. I am grateful for the more accepting attitudes.
You can call me Taylor
Well, Amy, Following your style and photos on here...........both of those two are sooooo you! I hope you bought them both!!

Heather in foggy MN - dang it's warm!
(01-26-2024, 10:09 AM)Heather Smith Wrote: Well, Amy,  Following your style and photos on here...........both of those two are sooooo you!  I hope you bought them both!!

Heather in foggy MN - dang it's warm!

Thanks a lot Heather! I bought the top, but not the dress.
 Amy

(01-25-2024, 11:30 AM)doozer2019 Wrote: Amy,  Love the dress and top! I have shopped in drab many times and only one time did I get a negative reaction. It was years ago. Before Trans was an everyday conversation. Back then I did most of my buying (bras, panties and other lingerie items) at discount stores or Victoria's Secret. But one day I went to a local lingerie store. I went in and was the only customer. I browsed a bit and noticed the only clerk, a 50ish female, was watching me.

Soon, she approached and asked if she could help. I noticed her face didn't look very friendly and her attitude was a bit chilly. I told her I was looking for a bra and panty set, then added "for my wife." She kind of gave me a doubting glance and asked for sizing. Of course the sizes I gave were what I would have worn. This gave her even more reason to give me a glare. She showed me to a rack and pointed out the sizes.

I thanked her and looked through the sets, settled on one and took it to the counter. She rang up the purchase, took my money and almost thanked me. Felt like I was having 2 holes burned through my back as I left.

That has been my worst experience so far. A time at VS as I was exiting the dressing room, I encountered a pretty 40ish woman heading in to a nearby room. She looked at me wide eyed but never said anything.

Fortunately all my recent experiences have been pleasant. Have even had clerks engage me in conversation while helping me. I am grateful for the more accepting attitudes.

Interesting how things have changed in the last few years, and for the better too of course.
 I'd never had a reaction like that, but then I didn't buy much till the last 5 years or so. When I shopped I tended to shop at one of the sexy lingerie stores, I was still nervous as all get go, but there acceptance was fine.
 Amy